Oct 13 2011

Chat log started at 13.10.2011 / 13:41:22

3.5E v2.0 ruleset for Fantasy Grounds II. Copyright 2011 Smiteworks USA, LLC.
‘dublish’ connected
DSM’ connected
‘Kalyn’ connected
dublish (Folwyn da’Janecke): my portrait isn’t showing up
DM: I can see it
DSM (Kedda): SPACEMAN!
[1d4 = 3]
Folwyn da’Janecke > [SKILL] Intimidate [MOD:CHA] [1d20+6 = 21]
Kerowyn → [SKILL] Intimidate [MOD:CHA] [1d20+5 = 15]
Kedda → [SKILL] Intimidate [MOD:CHA] [1d20+5 = 12]
[1d20 = 14]
[TOWER] GM → [SAVE] Will [1d20+2 = 5]
Folwyn da’Janecke → [SKILL] Sense Motive [MOD:WIS] [1d20+4 = 20]
[TOWER] GM → [1d20 = 11]
[TOWER] GM → [24d12 = 158]
Kedda: YOU ARE A BITCH! YOU BITCH!
Folwyn da’Janecke → [SKILL] Knowledge (Nobility and Royalty) [MOD:INT] [1d20+5 = 23]
Kedda: SHUT UP YOU BITCHITY BITCH!
Kedda → [SKILL] Escape Artist [MOD:DEX] [1d20-4 = 3]
Kerowyn → [SKILL] Intimidate [MOD:CHA] [1d20+5 = 14]
Kedda → [SKILL] Intimidate [MOD:CHA] [1d20+5 = 22]
Folwyn da’Janecke → [SKILL] Intimidate [MOD:CHA] [1d20+6 = 7]
[TOWER] GM → 10 [1d2010 = 23]
Kedda: YOU, m’am, ARE A BITCH! A BITCHY BITCH! THE BITCHIEST! BITCH!
Folwyn da’Janecke → [SKILL] Sense Motive [MOD:WIS] [1d20+4 = 15]
[TOWER] GM → [1d20 = 4]
Folwyn da’Janecke → [SKILL] Diplomacy [MOD:CHA] [1d20+7 = 22]
Kerowyn → [ATTACK (M)] Melee attack [1d20+6 = 22]
Kerowyn → [ATTACK (M)] Melee attack (-4) [1d20+2 = 5]
[TOWER] GM → [ATTACK (M)] Claw [1d20+13 = 26]
Kerowyn → [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+6 = 21]
Kerowyn → [INIT] [1d20+2 = 4]
Folwyn da’Janecke → [INIT] [1d20+1 = 12]
Kedda → [INIT] [1d20+2 = 9]
[TURN] Hag, Green
[TURN] Folwyn da’Janecke
Folwyn da’Janecke → [SKILL] Search [MOD:INT] [1d20+1 = 11]
[1d20 = 14]
[TURN] Kedda
Kedda → [SKILL] Search [MOD:INT] [1d20 = 13]
[TURN] Kerowyn
Kerowyn → [SKILL] Listen [MOD:WIS] [1d20 = 2]
DM: crap, it’s dropping calls again :(
ElectricCaveman: I think we’re stuck with text again.
Kerowyn: yea.
Kerowyn: should we just keep playing and try again in a bit
Kerowyn: can i make a second listen check as my turn?
DM: no
DM: actually, yes. it’s a move action.
Kerowyn: yay
Kerowyn → [SKILL] Listen [MOD:WIS] [1d20 = 2]
Kerowyn: …
Kerowyn: -_

[ROUND 2]
[GM] [TURN] Hag, Green
DM: Make Spot checks
Folwyn da’Janecke → [SKILL] Spot [MOD:WIS] [1d20+1 = 20]
Kerowyn → [SKILL] Spot [MOD:WIS] [1d20+2 = 16]
Folwyn da’Janecke: I see something!
Folwyn da’Janecke: No, wait…
Kedda → [SKILL] Spot [MOD:WIS] [1d20-1 = 12]
[w] → Folwyn da’Janecke: You notice something disturb the bedding.
Folwyn da’Janecke: Yes! The bed!
Folwyn da’Janecke: She’s on the bed!
Folwyn da’Janecke: Attack the bed!
DM: oh, listen checks, too
dublish (Folwyn da’Janecke): Top ten things you never thought you’d say…
Kerowyn → [SKILL] Listen [MOD:WIS] [1d20 = 11]
Folwyn da’Janecke → [SKILL] Listen [MOD:WIS] [1d20+1 = 8]
[TOWER] GM → [1d20 = 15]
Kerowyn: Attack the bed doesn’t seem all that strange coming from you…
Kedda → [SKILL] Listen [MOD:WIS] [1d20-1 = 7]
[TURN] Guard 1
ElectricCaveman: Uhh… what ARE the guards doing?
Kerowyn: listening to Folwyn probably
Kerowyn: maybe just looking at him strangely…
The guards look around the room in stunned surprise, drawing their swords and watching for any movement.
Folwyn da’Janecke: Bed.
Folwyn da’Janecke: Attack it.
Folwyn da’Janecke: There’s something invisible on the bed.
Guard 1 → [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [1d20+3 = 13]
[TOWER] GM → [1d6 = 5]
The guards slices his sword through thin air at the foot of the bed, hitting nothing.
[TURN] Guard 2
[TURN] Guard 3
[TURN] Folwyn da’Janecke
The second guard is more hesitant, looking around warily. The third guard joins the first, but has no better luck.
dublish (Folwyn da’Janecke): i attack whichever space i saw movement in
Folwyn da’Janecke → [ATTACK (M)] Katana [CRIT 19] [1d20+7 = 10]
[TURN] Kedda
[TOWER] GM → [1d4 = 1]
Kedda: I try to flip the bed.
DSM (Kedda): Strength?
DM: You hit nothing, Folwyn
DM: No, you can just lift it.
Kedda: Then I just swing at the same spot everyone else was.
Kedda → [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [CRIT 19] [1d20+9 = 24]
dublish (Folwyn da’Janecke): wait, do you mean he doesn’t need to roll, or that he is only capable of lifting it?
DM: He doesn’t need to roll
Kedda: Oh.
Kedda WELL then! I DO flip the bed.
The bed is overturned with a loud crash.
Kerowyn: a take it you flipped it towards me and folwyn?
DM: I’m assuming that Folwyn is able to get out of the way.
Kerowyn: i just meant, did the hag fall towards us or towards the right?
[TURN] Kerowyn
dublish (Folwyn da’Janecke): so the bed flipped towards…
Kerowyn: ok, do we know where the thump sounded from?
DM: Yeah, the bed
dublish (Folwyn da’Janecke): was there even a thump?
dublish (Folwyn da’Janecke): besides the one from the bed?
Kerowyn: oh, gotcha, the crash was the bed, haha.
DM: no. Just one loud crash as the bed overturned, landing on the floor and already overturned chair.
Kerowyn: ok, well then i still stab at the space next to folwyn.
Kerowyn: or…
Kerowyn: if i stay where i was. can i make a listen check.
[1d6 = 5]
DM: oops, wrong button
Kerowyn → [SKILL] Listen [MOD:WIS] [1d20 = 11]
DM: You still don’t hear it.
Kerowyn: then i stab in the general direction of the chair.
DM: make your attack roll
[TOWER] GM → [1d4 = 1]
Kerowyn → [ATTACK (M)] (Msw)GreatSword [CRIT 19] [1d20+7 = 16]
DM: You do not hit anything
Kerowyn: k
[ROUND 3]
[GM] [TURN] Hag, Green
Hag, Green → [ATTACK (M)] Claws [FULL] [1d20+13 = 18]
Hag, Green → [ATTACK #2 (M)] Claws [FULL] [1d20+13 = 23]
Hag, Green → [DAMAGE (M)] Claws [TYPE: piercing,slashing] [1d4+4 = 8]
Hag, Green → [DAMAGE (M)] Claws [TYPE: piercing,slashing] [1d4+4 = 8]
Damage 8 → [to Guard 2] [DISABLED]
Damage 8 → [to Guard 2]
DM: The hag reappears, her clawed hands raking into the flesh of one of the guards
[TURN] Guard 1
Guard 1 → [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [1d20+3 = 4]
Attack 4 → [at Hag, Green] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Kerowyn: haha
[TURN] Guard 2
[TOWER] GM → [1d10 = 1]
[TURN] Guard 3
dublish (Folwyn da’Janecke): stabilize!
Guard 3 → [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [1d20+3 = 9]
Attack 9 → [at Hag, Green] [MISS]
dublish (Folwyn da’Janecke): damnit man, LIVE!
Kerowyn: screw the guard. he’s a npc. we can save him after we kill the hag
DM: The other guards, to their credit, rush in to attack, but fruitlessly.
[TURN] Folwyn da’Janecke
Folwyn da’Janecke → [ATTACK (M)] Katana [CRIT 19] [1d20+7 = 9]
Attack 9 → [at Hag, Green] [MISS]
[TURN] Kedda
dublish (Folwyn da’Janecke): guess what shirt i’m wearing today
ElectricCaveman: My Little Ponies?
Kedda → [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [CRIT 19] [1d20+9 = 27]
Attack 27 → [at Hag, Green] [HIT]
Kedda → [DAMAGE (M)] Longsword [TYPE: slashing] [1d8+4 = 10]
Damage 10 → [to Hag, Green]
[TURN] Kerowyn
Kerowyn → [ATTACK (M)] (Msw)GreatSword [CRIT 19] [1d20+7 = 17]
DM: miss
Kerowyn: oh, forgot to put it on the hag, sorry, ok.
[ROUND 4]
[TURN] Hag, Green
Hag, Green → [ATTACK #2 (M)] Claws [FULL] [1d20+13 = 19]
Attack 19 → [at Guard 3] [HIT]
Hag, Green → [ATTACK (M)] Claws [FULL] [1d20+13 = 29]
Attack 29 → [at Guard 3] [HIT]
Hag, Green → [DAMAGE (M)] Claws [TYPE: piercing,slashing] [1d4+4 = 8]
Damage 8 → [to Guard 3] [DISABLED]
Hag, Green → [DAMAGE (M)] Claws [TYPE: piercing,slashing] [1d4+4 = 7]
Damage 7 → [to Guard 3]
The hag, laughing wildly, rips into another guard, who also falls unconscious.
[TURN] Guard 1
Folwyn da’Janecke: Hold until Kerowyn can flank her!
DM: The remaining guard wavers slightly, but nods assent.
[ROUND 5]
[TURN] Hag, Green
[TURN] Guard 2
DM: sorry, delay messed up the tracker
[TOWER] GM → [1d10 = 1]
DM: 1
DM: grr… not what I wanted
[TURN] Guard 3
[TOWER] GM → [1d10 = 4]
The first guard attacked has ceased his pained breathing.
[TURN] Folwyn da’Janecke
Folwyn da’Janecke → [ATTACK (M)] Katana [CRIT 19] (2) [1d209 = 16]
Attack 16 → [at Hag, Green] [MISS]
Folwyn da’Janecke → [ATTACK (M)] Wakizashi [CRIT 19] [1d20+6 = 13]
Attack 13 → [at Hag, Green] [MISS]
dublish (Folwyn da’Janecke): my god
[TURN] Kedda
Kedda → [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [CRIT 19] (2) [1d2011 = 23]
Attack 23 → [at Hag, Green] [HIT]
Kedda → [DAMAGE (M)] Longsword [TYPE: slashing] [1d8+4 = 5]
Damage 5 → [to Hag, Green]
[TURN] Kerowyn
dublish (Folwyn da’Janecke): this is terrible
Kerowyn: 5 ft step. what bonus do i get for flanking?
DM: 2
Kerowyn → [ATTACK (M)] (Msw)GreatSword [CRIT 19] (
2) [1d20+9 = 14]
Kerowyn: ugh
Kerowyn: ok, thats my turn.
[TURN] Guard 1
Guard 1 → [ATTACK (M)] Longsword (Flanking) [1d20+5 = 24]
Attack 24 → [at Hag, Green] [HIT]
Guard 1 → [DAMAGE (M)] Longsword [TYPE: slashing] [1d8+1 = 9]
Damage 9 → [to Hag, Green] [MODERATE DAMAGE]
[ROUND 5]
[TURN] Hag, Green
[TOWER] GM → [SKILL] Spot [MOD:WIS] [1d20+11 = 13]
DM: The hag growls menacingly, then with a few precise motions disappears once again.
[TOWER] GM → [1d20 = 4]
DM: Listen checks
Folwyn da’Janecke → [SKILL] Listen [MOD:WIS] [1d20+1 = 8]
Kerowyn → [SKILL] Listen [MOD:WIS] [1d20 = 8]
dublish (Folwyn da’Janecke): 3rd 7 in a row
Kerowyn: hey, we equally suck! ;)
Kedda → [SKILL] Listen [MOD:WIS] [1d20-1 = 10]
you hear the floorboards by the wall creak as something moves over them.
[TURN] Guard 2
DM: Guard 2 is dead…
[TURN] Guard 3
[TOWER] GM → [1d10 = 5]
[TURN] Folwyn da’Janecke
Folwyn da’Janecke: Damn.
dublish (Folwyn da’Janecke): which floorboards?
DM: By the wall behind Kedda. You can’t pinpoint where exactly the hag is now.
dublish (Folwyn da’Janecke): i move to block off the door
[TURN] Kedda
Kedda: I swing behind me.
Kedda → [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [CRIT 19] [1d20+9 = 21]
[TOWER] GM → [1d4 = 1]
DM: You hit nothing
Kerowyn: my turn?
[TURN] Kerowyn
Kerowyn → [SKILL] Listen [MOD:WIS] [1d20 = 15]
DM: You already heard what you hear for this round
Kerowyn: oh, ok.
Kerowyn: i swing over the chest
Kerowyn → [ATTACK (M)] (Msw)GreatSword [CRIT 19] [1d20+7 = 27]
Kerowyn → [ATTACK (M)] (Msw)GreatSword [CRIT 19] [CONFIRM] [1d20+7 = 27]
[TOWER] GM → [1d4 = 4]
DM: You don’t hit anything
Kerowyn: oh come on! haha
[TURN] Guard 1
DM: The last guard backs away, looking to Folwyn for further help.
[ROUND 6]
[GM] [TURN] Hag, Green
Folwyn da’Janecke: Flee, man! Warn the others!
Kerowyn: no! thats one more person to get hit besides us!
Kerowyn: i should be chaotic evil, haha
Hag, Green → [ATTACK (M)] Claw [1d20+13 = 19]
Attack 19 → [at Guard 1] [HIT]
Hag, Green → [DAMAGE (M)] Claw [TYPE: piercing,slashing] [1d4+4 = 7]
Damage 7 → [to Guard 1] [HEAVY DAMAGE]
The hag reappears where the bed once sat, and tears into the last guard’s flesh.
[TURN] Guard 3
[TOWER] GM → [1d10 = 1]
dublish (Folwyn da’Janecke): 7 hp? holy crap
DM: This guard, too, stops his struggle for breath.
[TURN] Folwyn da’Janecke
Folwyn da’Janecke: Kerowyn, flank with the guard when you can.
DM: Don’t forget the bed’s overturned there. Rough terrain.
dublish (Folwyn da’Janecke): shit
dublish (Folwyn da’Janecke): ummm…
Kerowyn: its lets kedda flank though
Kerowyn: then i will on my turn
dublish (Folwyn da’Janecke): how about there?
DM: sure
dublish (Folwyn da’Janecke): cool
Folwyn da’Janecke → [ATTACK (M)] Katana [CRIT 19] [1d20+7 = 8]
Attack 8 → [at Hag, Green] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
dublish (Folwyn da’Janecke): this is the worst fight ever
[TURN] Kedda
Kedda → [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [CRIT 19] (2) [1d2011 = 24]
Attack 24 → [at Hag, Green] [HIT]
Kedda → [DAMAGE (M)] Longsword [TYPE: slashing] [1d8+4 = 12]
Damage 12 → [to Hag, Green] [HEAVY DAMAGE]
[TURN] Kerowyn
Kerowyn: ftw
Kerowyn → [ATTACK (M)] (Msw)GreatSword [CRIT 19] (2) [1d209 = 23]
DM: hits
Kerowyn → [DAMAGE (M)] (Msw)GreatSword [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: slashing] [2d6+3 = 12]
Damage 12 → [to Hag, Green]
[TURN] Guard 1
Folwyn da’Janecke: Guard, don’t forget to shut the door behind you!
[ROUND 7]
[TURN] Hag, Green
Kerowyn: crap, she can’t have more than 1 hp left
11 [1d2011 = 24]
DM: Kedda, make a Fort save
Kedda → [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+5 = 22]
DM: The hag grabs you, but you resist its sickly magic
DM: AoO’s
Kerowyn → [ATTACK (M)] (Msw)GreatSword [CRIT 19] [1d20+7 = 26]
Kerowyn → [ATTACK (M)] (Msw)GreatSword [CRIT 19] [CONFIRM] [1d20+7 = 27]
Kerowyn: hahaha!
Folwyn da’Janecke → [ATTACK (M)] Katana [CRIT 19] [1d20+7 = 8]
Attack 8 → [at Hag, Green] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Kerowyn: is that just double damage?
dublish (Folwyn da’Janecke): do i get to make an attack with my offhand weapon as well?
ElectricCaveman: man, I finally throw something with a decent AC at you, and all you roll are 17s and 4s.
DM: yes, Kalyn, and no, Kyle
Kerowyn → [DAMAGE (M)] (Msw)GreatSword [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: slashing] [2d6+3 = 13]
Kerowyn → [DAMAGE (M)] (Msw)GreatSword [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: slashing] [2d6+3 = 9]
DM: It’s dead
Kerowyn: Eat it hag!
dublish (Folwyn da’Janecke): i rolled 3 7s and 2 1s
Kerowyn: i rolled two crits. and everything else wasn’t very good.
DM: Everything you rolled either wouldn’t have hit anything, ot would have hit everything. You couldn’t even tell it’s AC was higher than all of yours.
Kerowyn: i was just going by what kedda rolled, since he seemed to hit it lots
DM: anyway, that was wholey uneventful.
Kerowyn: i knew 17 wouldn’t hit, but 21 would
Kerowyn: uneventful? I just raped it as it tried to run away! haha.
DM: 21 didn’t hit it.
DM: It took a 23 to hit.
dublish (Folwyn da’Janecke): i could tell its ac was at least as high as mine…
DM: This all-martial party is going to take some getting used to.
dublish (Folwyn da’Janecke): guard 1 should get massive xp
Kerowyn: ah, right, 21 was the one right after. still 23. thats tough.
Kerowyn: haha.
Kerowyn: and to your credit peter. i feel like this battle could have been super tough without the guards
DM: You all get 535 xp off that.
Kerowyn: they took all our hits and let us flank
DM: I rather doubt it. You were shrugging off the touch attacks easily, and could’ve soaked up that much damage yourselves.
DSM (Kedda): NO! How much did we have previously? Mine’s back to 0! I put what we got in! CRAP!
DSM (Kedda): Oh wait. Leveled.
DSM (Kedda): Neverming.
dublish (Folwyn da’Janecke): you say that, but would i really have shrugged anything off easily if i’d rolled a 1 on that fort save?
DM: true
DM: Mostly I was thinking about how fast you killed it, though. I didn’t expect you to land multiple hits every round it showed up.
Kerowyn: crap. we don’t know where the real girl is…
Kerowyn: yea, kedda did all that. i think he hit every turn. when she was there.
Folwyn da’Janecke: You’re right, finding her ladyship will be quite a task.
Kerowyn: search the body
Kerowyn: ?
Folwyn da’Janecke: If the goblins are smart, they’ll have moved the girl far away by now, but the blow we dealt may have disorganized them.
Folwyn da’Janecke: Perhaps the lizardfolk know more of where the goblins came from…
Folwyn da’Janecke: I would have liked to inform the Baron of what has occurred here in person, but time is of the essence.
Folwyn da’Janecke: We must find here, and quickly.
Kerowyn: agreed. i search the body, what do i find
Kedda: I tear the sheets apart in a frantic search for… Something…
[TOWER] GM → [2d10 = 9]
DM: You find nothing in the sheets.
Kedda: I smash the chest.
DM: You find a few gems in a pocket in her tattered clothes – a silver pearl and three rose quartz crystals.
DM: Make a STR for chest-smashing.
Kerowyn: i go get the halfling and see if she can figure anything out
Folwyn da’Janecke: Put those down. Those certainly belonged to Lady Kara, and there will be no stealing from her.
Kerowyn: no, thats what i found on the hag…
DM: Kedda, STR check
Kedda → [ABILITY] Strength check [1d20+4 = 14]
DM: You fail to open the chest completely, but several of the hag’s ribs audibly snap under the force of your efforts.
Kerowyn: hahaha. did he mean her chest or the chest over on the east wall?
Kedda: Now I try and open the chest against the wall.
Kedda → [ABILITY] Strength check [1d20+4 = 21]
DM: You also find on the hag a finely crafted, bloodstained kukri, a vial of potion, and two slightly tattered scrolls.
DM: The chest’s latch breaks off with a loud snap.
Kedda: I investigate the chest, boldly with caution.
DM: It is filled with a young lady’s… personal affects
DM: So, what next?
DM: And do we do it now, or save it for next time? (It’s midnight, right?)
Kerowyn: hmm. i take all of it..
Kerowyn: what is next? see if the halfling can tell us anything more?
dublish (Folwyn da’Janecke): yeah, it’s midnigh
Kedda: I turn them over and look for anything awesome.
Kedda: Throwing them about the floor if possible.
DM: You toss the lady’s clothes about the room, over upturned furniture and into pools of blood. You find more clothes and a latched silver jewelry box.
Kedda: I break it open.
DM: STR?
Kedda → [ABILITY] Strength check [1d20+4 = 16]
DM: You pound the lock until the soft silver splits, allowing the box to open. Inside, you find several pieces of jewelry of varying value – a small ruby ring, two silver necklaces, garnet earrings, a white gold bracelet, and a silver pendant shaped as the Baron’s coat of arms.
Kedda: I stuff them into my backpack.
Kedda: And then slam the box into the ground.
Folwyn da’Janecke: Those belong to the Baron.
Folwyn da’Janecke: You will put those back.
Kedda: And stomp on whatever’s left.
Kedda → [ABILITY] Strength check [1d20+4 = 17]
DM: The delicate silver box is left badly mangled.
Kedda: I pick it up and put it in my backpack.
DSM (Kedda): Legit, although I don’t think you need to roll values.
Folwyn da’Janecke: Drop the Baron’s jewelry, or you will answer to me.
DM: Your backpack is now home to the Lady’s travelling jewelry collection.
[w] → Kerowyn: You content to just watch?
Kerowyn: i’m going to go get the halfling
Kedda: We’ll return it when we see him!
Folwyn da’Janecke: Do that. We’ll still be here.
Kedda: Goes with Kerowyn.
Folwyn da’Janecke: Drop it. Now.
Kedda: It doesn’t even have any value.
[w] → Kerowyn: You get outside to find a sizable group gathered, listening to the escaped guards’ story. Among them is the halfling.
Folwyn da’Janecke: That’s for the Baron to decide. But that jewelry will not be carried out of here by anyone other than the Baron or his personal guard. I’ll take it as an insult to the Baron if you take it with you, and an insult to my lord is an insult to me. Now drop it.
Kedda: There are more pressing issues at hand. You’d leave the jewelry within reach of the halfling or any of these guards?
Folwyn da’Janecke: I would. The guards will still be here when the Baron arrives. We will be searching for the Lady Kara, perhaps far from here. Drop it. I won’t ask again.
Folwyn da’Janecke draws his katana and wakizashi, stepping towards Kedda.
Kerowyn: i walk past the guard and grab the halfling and walk her in.
Kedda: Scatters the jewelry about the room forcefully.
[w] → Kerowyn: you can use /w do whisper so only I see it. When the guard sees you, he gets excited/relieved, frantically asking if you killed it.
Kedda → [ABILITY] Strength check [1d20+4 = 6]
Kedda: FUCK THE LADY!
Jewelry is tossed around.
Kerowyn: yes, we killed it. Is this your idea of help?
Folwyn da’Janecke: sheathes his swords, not entirely disappointed.
dublish (Folwyn da’Janecke): fucking emote keys
[w] → Kerowyn: Well, Stephen here got people around like you asked when you first sent us to tell people. I couldn’t let more folks just walk in there after what happened to the guys, though…
Folwyn da’Janecke: We go to meet Kerowyn and the halfling
DM: you’re all now back outside, with a growing crowd of people asking questions about what happened.
Kerowyn: *sigh, i guess
Kerowyn: there was an imposter waiting for the baron. we would not have been able to known this threat without the help of a friend. i currently need to find the real lady kara however, so the questions will have to wait.
Kerowyn: ok. so how are we going to find lady kara?
Kerowyn: go ask the lizard folk?
Kerowyn: are we still here? still playing?
DM: I’m still here, just waiting for further action.
DSM (Kedda): Um…
DSM (Kedda): We go… Look… For… Mother Willow?
Folwyn da’Janecke: Kerowyn, did you find the halfling?
Kerowyn: i vote we go talk to the lizardfolk and find out if they know anything or where the goblins went
Kerowyn: i did
Kerowyn: she’s right here
Folwyn da’Janecke: And?
Folwyn da’Janecke: Oh.
Folwyn da’Janecke: I didn’t see you… down… there.
Kerowyn: haha
Mysterious Halfling: Yeah, clever…
Kerowyn: halfling would you like to look at the hag and see if you notice anything that can help us?
Folwyn da’Janecke: You were right, it was a hag with a glamour. Two guards sacrificed themselves, a third escaped.
Mysterious Halfling: I’ll take a look at it, but I don’t know what you expect me to find.
Kerowyn: i don’t either
Folwyn da’Janecke: We were unable to extract Lady Kara’s actual location from the hag. Do you know any reason why hags and goblins would work together?
Mysterious Halfling: I’m not particularly familiar with how hags operate, but goblins are always chasing after the next big thing.
Mysterious Halfling: If you didn’t find any other obvious leaders, my guess is this hag recruited a goblin tribe to do her dirty work. Or, more likely, her coven did. This is rather a large-scale operation.
Mysterious Halfling: Though, with the right key agent, you could get the whole tribe without too major an action, so it could still be a solo job.
Kerowyn: hmm. so any idea where we could start looking for kara?
Mysterious Halfling: Either way, the goblins are pretty standard minions. If they were beat, they probably just scattered. I’d check where they were supposedly keeping her in the first place.
Mysterious Halfling: If the goblins didn’t leave her behind, that probably means your hag did something with her. In that case, you’ll have to track down her coven.
Kedda: Any ideas for how we track a hag’s coven?
Mysterious Halfling: Can’t help you any more with that. Hags like swamps and work in threes, that’s about the extent of my intelligence on them.
Kerowyn: well, i vote we head back to the swamp. would you like to accompany us halfling?
Mysterious Halfling: Sorry, best wishes, but I don’t fight other people’s battles. If you’re going to engage more hags, I’m out.
Kerowyn: you don’t have to fight, just accompany us and use your skills that we don’t have. You can totally retreat if we run into battle.
Mysterious Halfling: And wind up stranded in the swamp alone, where I’m bite-size to a python? I’ll pass.
Kerowyn: very well, we thank you for your contributions thus far and will make sure the Baron knows what you have saved him from.
Kedda: Let’s go, let’s get this done before they move on.
Kerowyn: agreed
Mysterious Halfling: Much appreciated. Good luck, then.
Mysterious Halfling wanders off.
Kerowyn: ok. well, then i think its time to go. No one got hit so i think we’re good.
Kerowyn: Lets Go!
Folwyn da’Janecke: Where’s the guard that stood by us against the hag?
Kerowyn: still by the door
Kerowyn: outside
dublish (Folwyn da’Janecke): aren’t we outside now?
Kerowyn: ye
Kerowyn: yes
Folwyn da’Janecke: Guard, get your wounds tended. When the Baron arrives, tell him everything you saw. We’re going back into the swamp to track down Lady Kara. Understood?
Kedda: Tell him to guard close the everything.
DM: Yes, certainly. Best wishes, sir. I’m certain you will succeed.
Folwyn da’Janecke: Right. We’re off.
Folwyn da’Janecke heads back to the swamplands.
You make your way back to the swamp, yet again. By the time you arrive, the sun has been fully set for over an hour. The light of the waning sliver of moon is barely enough to make your way by.
Kerowyn: do we risk a torch?
Folwyn da’Janecke: No, too risky. We may run into some vile creature in the dark, perhaps even a hag. And I’d rather not run into the lizardfolk if they might mistake us for such creatures as well. Best wait till morning.
Folwyn da’Janecke: Let’s call it a night.
Kerowyn: sleeping in the swamp seems equally as dangerous
Kerowyn: i vote we at least try to get to the castle first
‘dublish’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘Kalyn’ disconnected

Oct 13 2011

Tales of the Three Tanks ElectricCaveman